This guideline is aimed for 2010 Aalto Camp for Societal Innovation (later ACSI) group admin. Before reading these admin guidelines, read additional “Massidea.org guidelines to ACSI camp members” which describes the basic usage of Massidea.org.
Go to www.massidea.org and login by using your group case admin account
- ACSI coordinators has provided case admin account userid and password to you
- Navigate to your group’s home page
- Option 1
- Click your case admin username link on top right corner of the page
- In your case admin personal page click your own group name on the left column which lists all your groups
- Option 2
- Click groups and campaigns link in the middle of the top navigation
- Click your group name in the recent groups list (in the right hand column). If your group name is not visible in the list, click show more link below the recent group’s list
Once you have navigated to your group’s home page, click Create a campaign link on the right side of the page
Fill all fields in the “Create a campaign” –form and click create button.
Congratulations you have successfully created new campaign!.
If you want to add more campaigns go back to your group’s home page and click again Create a campaign page.
Ask your group members to join your group and link their contents to group’s campaign(s)
How to use campaigns during ACSI camp
To collect others’ opinions, launch a campaign that combines individual contents as an easy-to-navigate content collection page
Here are some suggestions how you can use campaigns during ACSI camp days
- Campaign 1: Today’s challenges relating to your case.
- What problems, needs and situations you and your group members can identify relating to your case which are stopping you achieving our case goals
- These challenges are good starting point to form a common understanding among your group.
- You can also ask group member to rate these challenges and then select the most important challenges to further development
Campaign 2: Visions of the future relating to your case.
- Vision can be a future scenario, trend or anti-trend, which is expected to be realized. It can also be seed of change or a weak signal from the future which might become reality. Vision should look at least 5 years a head.
- Collecting vision helps your case to understand the forthcoming market and develop your offering to match these scenarios
Campaign 3: Reference group opinion
- During the camp days, you should not limit your recourses to your own group members.
- Encourage your group members to activate their reference groups in Finland and other countries.
- Since Massidea.org is able to translate content to 52 languages reference groups can write contents in their own language.
Example campaigns for Kotka Culture Harbour – City of Kotka
Campaign 1: Today’s challenges in Kotka and Kotka Culture Harbour
- Aim is to understand what challenges Kotka’s and Kotka Culture Harbour’s are facing while developing and implementing their goals in practice. A good idea might be to identify similar cities or cases globally
- Once these challenges have been identified group members can rate which ones are the most critical. Users can also suggest their own solutions to these challenges
Campaign 2: Visions of the future in Kotka and Kotka Culture Harbour
- Aim is to understand what kind of future scenarios, trends, anti-trends, seed of change or a weak signal from the future might become reality which are affecting to Kotka and Kotka Culture Harbour development and implementation plans
- Once these visions have been identified group members can rate which ones are the most critical. Users can also suggest their own solutions to these visions
Campaign 3: Kotka’s citizens opinion
- Launch a campaign to collect opinions of the Kotka town’s citizens.
- You can collect challenges, ideas and visions
Campaign 4: Russians opinion about Kotka and Kotka Culture Harbour
- Launch a campaign to collect opinions of the Russian tourists
- A good idea is to have a Russian facilitator e.g. in St. Petersburg or in Vyborg which will combine and document these opinions to Massidea.org
Campaign 5: Iteration with reference groups
- You can also user campaigns as an interactive tool with your groups reference groups
- Once your group creates new insights, you can test them with your reference group by posting your new insight to one campaign and ask your reference group e.g. to identify challenges related to these insights or ask them to improve your groups thoughts. Do as many rounds as you wanT